Re: [wiki] [sites] Add CC BY 4.0 license to farbfeld.svg || FRIGN

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:39:03 +0100

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:02:58 +0100
Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se> wrote:

Hey Mattias,

> It's ironic that such a sucky vector graphics format
> is used on a suckless raster format's site. We really
> need to replace SVG.

haha, yes the irony is perfect. A while back the normal
way to do things on suckless.org for logos was a bitmap file
(handdrawn pixel by pixel) and then scaled accordingly.
The problem is that for instance Lanczos3 fucks up the
rough edges of these pixel images on large scaling factors.

This does not happen with SVGs so they are the only way
to go nowadays.
My motivation is that hand-written SVGs are alright, but
everything spat out by Inkscape and other tools is a big
mess.

Cheers

FRIGN

--