Re: [wiki] Clarify patch instructions

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:29:20 +0200

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:19:05 +0200
Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space> wrote:

Hey Quentin,

> Following the previous dev_AT_ discussion about format patches, I propose
> to put all patches instructions into one place (here hacking.md) and
> then link patches/index.md to it for each tool. This will prevent
> having duplicate info each time and help make any modification site
> wide, if any.
> If there's no objection to it, I'll push then.
> (commit in the following mail)

I don't like the symlink approach really. It creates duplicate information
we could store in one central place (namely in /patches or sth).
It makes it harder to link to this information.

A proposed solution could be to put a statement in each patches/index.md
like:
        For instructions on how to submit and format patches, check...

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>