Re: [wmii] wmii Q's (python bindings & attaching windows)

From: Uriel <uriell_AT_binarydream.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:41:13 +0000

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 03:08:24PM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> works -- it hangs on any attempt to read from the filesystem. Is there
> a newer version of the python bindings, or is there something I might be
> doing wrong?
Python bindings are deprecated, there is a native 9P implementation in
python: http://www.lava.net/~newsham/plan9/

> My second question is how to switch to a window given a path -- e.g.,
> /wm/page/1/managed/2/client/2, or /wm/detached/3. I looked at the
> 'navigate' script (from a tar off the web page), which has some code
> that sort of takes care of the former case, but it doesn't change the
> window decorations to indicate the change of focus, and it doesn't warp
> the mouse, so if the mouse gets jiggled focus goes back to the original
> window. And I don't know how I'd attach a particular detached window.
Focus stuff is a mess right now, hopefully things will be much better
before wmii-3 is released.

> (If you're wondering, I'm hoping to replicate the functionality of the
> app.lua script I wrote for ion: basically, if application X is running,
> show it to me, otherwise start it.)
That sounds interesting, but I think probably a proper plumbing system
would be much better(see http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/plumb.html )

uriel