Re: [wmii] Memary leak in wmibar?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:04:11 +0100

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:53:52PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 06:31:12AM -0500, Doug Bell wrote:
> > When running the latest snap (wmii-20051103), there seems to be a large
> > memory leak in wmibar. When left on for several hours, the memory usage
> > of wmibar can go over 200 MB. My config is farly standard - the only
> > thing that may affect this is that I have a script updating the status
> > frequently (once per second).
>
> Thx for the hint, fixed in latest darcs.

Well, the mem leak was related to unfreed XFontStruct's
allocated by blitz_getfont(...). It was also present in wmiiwm,
wmimenu, wmikeys. I think it should be fixed now.
Because of this phenomen, we will only allow to set a font per
process (wmiiwm, wmibar, wmimenu, wmikeys) and not per object
(frame, label, etc.). For colors it doesn't seem to raise any
problems, because pixel values are readonly in X world.

Regards,