[wmii] Automatic startup - newbie

From: Renjith Rajan <renjith_AT_poornam.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:14:17 +0530

Hi,

  I am new to wmii. I like it very much, It is different and usable.

I have two doubts.

1. How to start programs automatically at startup and bind them to specific
pages and frames.

For example
- i want to start my mail client in the fourth page in the maximized mode.
- i want to start gaim in the second page and in the tiled format.
- browsers in the first page (maximized).
- xterms in the 3rd page.

( I use .Xclients to start wmii. )

2. I use gaim, so, is there a method to automatically go to gaim window (or
the page where gaim is opened) when new messages are received ? (I have
already enabled the raise IM window on events). Forgive me if it is against
wmii's goal or standard.

Regards,
Renjith Rajan