Re: [wmii] snap: wmii-20060118

From: Alexandru E. Ungur <alexandru_AT_globalterrasoft.ro>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:42:46 +0200

>>> sender: "Anselm R. Garbe" date: "Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:24:56PM +0100" <<<EOQ
> Hi there,
>
> I released a new snap, which seems to be usable again to some
> extend, at least it feels pretty stable for my daily work.
>
> http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060118.tar.gz
> [..]

Hi,

I'm new to WMII, but I liked it from the first moment! It really allows me to work
more efficiently and to be less dependant on the mouse ;) Great job guys.

I installed the snapshot and played with it. The new acme-like layout is pretty
interesting, but one of the reasons I switched from XFCE over to WMII was the grid
layout. That was really cool and very useful for me, and I was sorry to see it gone.
One thing I used it for was in combination with 'cluster ssh'
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh) which basically allows me to manage
via ssh several servers simultaneously. In 2.5 it worked wonderfully (actually in
2.5.1, in 2.5 there were problems with zombie frames) as you can see here:
http://pix.slax.no-ip.biz/shot-2.5.png

The exact same command given under wmii-3 produces this:
http://pix.slax.no-ip.biz/shot-3.png

Wouldn't it be possible to keep to grid layout as well in the new version instead
of dropping it? It really comes in handy at times, and there's really no good/easy
way to mimic the same functionality in the column layout...

Thanks guys,
and have a great day,
Alex