Re: [wmii] snap: wmii-20060118

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:32:23 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:26:11AM -0800, Bradey Honsinger wrote:
> I haven't encountered any problems with sloppy focus in the apps that
> I use, and I would very much like to avoid having to retrain myself to
> click to focus each time. Can you retain sloppy-focus (or non-sloppy
> focus-follow-mouse) as an option?

The problem is not me, but X. Sloppy focus needs totally
braindamaged hacks in X world, to work in a half-decent way. In
conjunction with pointer warping, sloppy-focus is just hopeless.
You get dozen of EnterNotify triggered focus races, only because
of XWarpPointer() calls.

Thus I recommend trying the current focus model to recheck if it
is really that bad. I think after using it for days it is much
better now.

Regards,