Re: [wmii] snap: wmii-20060118

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:44:15 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 10:21:57AM -0300, Fernando Canizo wrote:
> El 19/ene/2006 a las 19:28 -0300, John me decía:
> > >On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:24:56PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > >It contains several changes towards full 9P migration and a new
> > >click-to-focus model, which will replace the buggy sloppy-focus
> > >we sticked so far.
> >
> > Very nice. Just the other day I accidently tapped my trackpad before
> > typing and sent my root password over IRC. Not cool. Click to focus
> > is a welcome change for this Mac user.
>
> I add to this. Click to focus is secure. I prefer as default option.
> However if there are people who likes the other way, i don't see why
> sloppy-focus cannot be maintained as a compile option.
>
> Maybe because Anselm doesn't want to receive messages to fix it when it
> gets broken? ;)

If X would be cool to some extend, it would garantuee to receive
at least 1 XCrossingNotify if the pointer is moved among frame
borders, but X is uncool. The XCrossingNotify's are the only
sane event class to implement sloppy-focus, though nearly no
client will work well with this kind. Thus one needs to stick
with crappy EnterNotifiy's which are produced nearly randomly by
the X server and they need really ugly hacks. Anyway, I'm
willing to add the code as patch to extra/ once wmii-3 gets ready.

Regards,