Re: [wmii] Installing wmii & 9base on OS X

From: Alexander Browne <lists_AT_napiform.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:02:15 -0600

> I'd like to get wmii running on OS X 10.3.9, and am trying to get past
> the first step of installing the 9base package. [...]

I'm a total newbie too, but I did manage to get wmii running on Mac OS
X 10.3.9. 9base didn't compile for me either. I already had a working
installation of plan9port <http://swtch.com/plan9port/>, however, so I
thought I'd try that. I made a symlink to it so that wmii could find it
(it looks in /usr/local/9 iirc) and it seems to work fine. (As a bonus
you can try the great Plan 9 tools like acme.) wmii then compiled fine
for me.

(I then had some issue with X11 not finding wmii even though it was in
my path. I fixed this by making symlinks in /usr/X11R6/bin to all the
/usr/local/bin/wmii* executables.)

--
Alexander Browne
Saint Paul, Minn., U.S.