Re: [wmii] How to move bar to top without covering windows

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:50:47 -0500

On a similar note, one feature I'd like to see in wmii is support for
the Extended Window Manager Hints extension _NET_WM_STRUT [1], which
allows clients to request that a certain amount of space on the edge
of the screen remain uncovered by the window manager. This could be
used by wmiibar to request space rather than hardcoding it in wmiiwm
as it is currently. (Personally I want the feature for the benefit of
the Rox filer, which places a dock on the edge of the screen.)

I've written a few lines of code already to implement _NET_WM_STRUT
and partial EWMH compliance in wmii but haven't finished it due to
lack of time recently. Is there any chance of getting this feature in
wmii? I'd be glad to finish my implementation if there is.

- Chris King

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html#id2507592