Re: [wmii] Question about column layout

From: Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:38:50 +0200

ext Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

>To me, there is no (major) difference in having several tabbed
>clients in one page, or each client on a different page - in
>both cases you only see the client/page you selected per time -
>not the others.

For example lets say that there are a clients A, B, C and D. I would
associated them as follows:
(A,(B,C))
(A,D)
By association I mean that I would like to see the clients in the list
at the same time in an optimal fashion (each having about as much space
as possible). Since A should be visible at the same time with the pair
(B,C) as well as with D, I would need either to have A present in both
pages occupied by (B,C) and D or (B,C) and D are in the same tab. Take a
pick. Either will do for me.

>On the other hand, we plan to integrate tagbars and extended
>stacking features, which fully replace the pros of tabs with a
>nearly equivalent functionality, but without adding an
>additional layer, just only using the trick, that you might
>think of vertical tabs (which are tagbars representing a hidden
>client) instead of horizontal ones.

Sounds fine.

Jani