Re: [wmii] Many wmiir processes when window name changes quickly

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:22:02 +0100

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 02:27:02PM +1000, Chris Foster wrote:
> I've "fixed" the problem by hacking the aqsis source to remove the title
> update, but that's a little irritating. Does anyone know if this is a
> wmii problem, or just another a case of a broken app? Aqsis uses FLTK
> for the user interface... are there known problems with other FLTK apps?

Would be interesting how wmii-current from hg tip performs without your hack,
because it is using libixp(2) and the ugly spawning events on
client-update have gone. The problem with frequently changing
titles applications is, that for each title update in wmii-2.5.x
around 3 processes are forked (two of them open old-style IXP connections).
Thus this is a bad bad bottleneck. Thus I recommend trying hg
tip if the issue is handled better by now.

You can have a look at old wmiirc for 'clientupdate' and remove
all the commands which are executed if the client's title
changes.

Regards,