Re: [wmii] sh flame with Uriel

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:54:46 +0100

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:18:53PM +0100, Uriel wrote:
> Please, stop talking about things you have no clue; no one ever said
> wmii should depend on all p9p, so stop spreading FUD. Thank you.
[...]
> (Of course this is all based on misinformation spread by garbeam and
> his selective memory.)

Clarification:

I said, that a merge-in of 9base to p9p, what I'm still planning
todo, would consist of ~60kSLOC at least. And it is fairly
unsure, if the stuff can be separated easily with some mkfile's
and stay in sync with the master tree, because yaccpar*,
unsharp() of lib9, and rcmain at least are expected in a
specific place, other glitches might be there as well, which
makes the plan not too easy.
There might be reasons not todo the merge-in and to stick with
p9p instead, they apply if the effort to maintain p9p-base would
be too expensive and no userbase exists.

Regards,