Re: [wmii] snap: 20060309

From: Bartosz Trudnowski <hrr888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:58:14 +0100

2006/3/9, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:28:43PM +0100, Lars Noschinski wrote:
> > * Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> [2006-03-09 14:21]:
> > >things get more and more stable and usable, thus it is time once
> > >again to release a new snapshot which can be downloaded from:
> > >
> > >http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060309.tar.gz (59kB)
> >
> > This snapshot made things worse for me. 20060302 was fine, in yesterdays
> > snapshot I got strange problems with psi (chat windows sometimes don't
> > disappear, I can only close them by opening them again (without getting
> > a new window) and closing them afterwards. Sometimes all these windows
> > suddenly appear again).
> >
> > In todays snapshot, the psi window is floating (but has no ~ in its tag)
> and
> > $MODKEY-Return on the psi window makes it crash. When psi starts, I also
> get
> > some error messages, which I don't get with older versions of wmii:
> >
> > | X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
> > | Major opcode: 19
> > | Minor opcode: 0
> > | Resource id: 0xc006c5
> > |X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
> > | Major opcode: 156
> > | Minor opcode: 7
> > | Resource id: 0xc00727
> > [...]
> >
> > and so on. And on closing:
> >
> > | X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> > | Major opcode of failed request: 19 (X_DeleteProperty)
> > | Resource id in failed request: 0xc0065f
> > | Serial number of failed request: 19684
> > | Current serial number in output stream: 20342
> >
> > Besides that, the tagging makes a nice impression. It allows me to have
> the
> > same window on two different workspaces with different window position
> and
> > size :)
>
> Never used psi, will have a look at it later.

Mplayer also have problem with getting fullscreen:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request: 0x1200001
  Serial number of failed request: 99

Without -fs works, except messed windows positions in stack and equal modes.

And tags are really great :), but I miss the pager...

Hrr