Re: [wmii] My own wallpaper

From: Olof Krantz <olof.krantz_AT_telia.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:18:37 +0100

weird earth wrote:

> hi! a newbie here! :D
> i'v tried wmsetbg on xterm.. it worked! -but only for the current session.
> how could i make it permanent for other sessions.. yv tried writing it
> in my /etc/profile but it only showed for a second, then it was gone.
> :( what do you think happened?
> thanks a lot!!! :D

The wmiir script sets a black background, dunno if it's executed after
or before .xinitrc.
But as lavish said, add your bg setting script/program at the end of
your ~.wmii-<current>/wmiir.
xsetroot is used in the middle of wmiir somewhere to set a black
background, this can be nice to keep, if somehow your images are on a
remote server and not accessible all the time.