Re: [wmii] snap: 20060316

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:16:56 +0100

> -L is POSIX compliant, maybe your findutils are too old.
That is true, -L was added to GNU find somewhere in 4.2.xx.
Debian Sarge has the same issue, since it uses 4.1.20 too.

> Even OpenBSD 3.7 got -L... But in the end Georg's original > version was more portable.
True, and I believe that version should therefore be the default one.
Just because -L is POSIX compliant does not mean it HAS to be used,
especially if it is known to break things on not so uncommon distro's;
the default install should be as failsafe as possible.
I suggest to re-add Georg's version, and leave the find -L one in
wmiirc commented, so that people who want the speed increase and have
a find that can handle it only need to uncomment it.

Greetings, Sander.