Re: [wmii] Sloppy focus?

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:52:17 -0500

Chris - It's like you've asked nicely for a flamewar... :)

This was discussed at great length a month or two ago. I'd suggest checking
the archives for the reasons for and against (mainly because I can't
remember them off the top of my head). Long story short: some people felt
the whole concept of sloppy focus was "braindead", but a lot of it came down
to technical reasons and lack of bonafide sloppy focus hooks within X (and
all sorts of triggers/signals being sent at the wrong times). So - either
live with a buggy system, rewrite X or just work with the click-to-focus (or
shortcut key to focus) model for the "time being" (and the "time being"
doesn't have an endpoint just yet).