Re: [wmii] WMII status focused window

From: Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:59:30 +0800

On 3/23/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 02:54:50PM +0800, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This purely for aesthetics.
> >
> > I would like to display the current user and hostname in the status display.
> >
> > sort of like the bash prompt changing from fernan_AT_thinktank to
> > root_AT_thinktank when you
> > su.
> >
> > is it possible to check whether the focused window is a xterm window
> > and check the owner
>
> It is possible to check the class of the focused window if it is
> XTerm:xterm and you can access its title. Anyway, xterm does not
> provide any information about the state of the fd's it is
> monitoring or the processes providing output for those fds.

I created a wrapper script to some of the common commands I run from the xterm window like ls, ..etc. the wrapper will run a "wmiir write" to update the the current
status before running ls or any other programs.

now I can remove the extra long PS1 and still get a cool status.

thanks
,Fernan

--
Public PGP/GnuPG key (http://www.fernski.com)
pub 1024D/3576CA71 2006-02-02 Fernan Bolando