Re: [wmii] snap: 20060324

From: redondos <redondos_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:04:39 -0300

On Fri, Mar 24 14:06, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> a new snap can be downloaded from:
>
> http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060324.tar.gz
>
> It contains the finished code cleanups by Anthony Martin, and
> following changes:
>
> - removed /event queueing, instead tag labels are created now
> internally (though they will show up on read /bar)
> - small man page updates
> - decreased default border width to 2px
> - removed /def/snap option, instead a golden ratio value is used
> - drawing quadrants in resize/move
> - removed /bar/expand, instead the space between internal labels
> such as tags and the user created labels is used as expand
> area (much simplier)

Ok, this item in particular might screw up my bar. Previously, I had a
label for MPD's currently playing song which I used for my expanded
area.

http://www.twat.com.ar/screenshots/2006-03-23%20-%20too%20many%20softphones.png

Now that /bar/expand was eliminated, I have a useless space that I
don't want there.

http://www.twat.com.ar/screenshots/2006-03-24%20-%20expand.png

Also, the length of the text in this label could previously be anyone,
and it got trimmed somehow. (You once told me how, but I've forgotten)
Currently, if the text is too long, the label sizes change to their
fallback value, and get restored whenever the problematic label gets a
shorter text. I believe this is because the only bar that didn't cause
'length' problems was the one that was on /bar/expand.

Here's how it looks like:
http://www.twat.com.ar/screenshots/2006-03-24%20-%20screwed%20up%20bar.png

> - several bugfixes

Thanks in advance.