Re: [wmii] snap: 20060329 -- shortcuts bug

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:12:24 +0200

Hello,

the snap still has a problem I had with the versions before. When
rewriting /def/keys within a running wmii session, all of the keys
are listed by wmiir read /def/keys but some are not working (I
just get a beep). Manually rewriting /def/keys or sometimes even
just rereading helps one some shortcuts, afterwards others may
not work. I could not establish a scheme for this bug however.

This is interesting to me, because I like to have something like
the old bare mode when I have another wmii within a nested X session.
However there I notice "wmiir read /def/keys" gives me "Mod4-Escape"
but it's not working. Doing "echo Mod4-Escape | wmiir write /def/keys"
helps. When I'm back in my normal mode, some of the other shortcuts
don't work...

I wonder if or how it can be, that a shortcut is listed in /def/keys
but not handled by wmiiwm.

Regards,
Stefan