Re: [wmii] [patch] add prefix DESTDIR in wmii script

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:22:56 +0200

On 3/29/06, David Guibert <David.Guibert_AT_cdcsp.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've tried to install wmii to a specific path using DESTDIR.
> But the wmii script is not updated to take into account the new path for
> the scripts such as status (those installed in CONFPREFIX).

Hi David,

That's intended behaviour.
If you want to install to another dir than the default, change the
value of $PREFIX in config.mk.
$DESTDIR should be used for, and only for, the creation of packages
(well maybe there are other uses as well, but installing to some other
place than the default isn't one of them :-).

Greetings, Sander.