Re: [wmii] 2 bars

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:51:31 +0200

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 03:34:05PM +0200, Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 08:15:34AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 05:58:57PM +0200, Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote:
> > > Hello again,
> > > I would like to put some more information on the bar, but it doesn't fit in one
> > > line. It is possible to have two bars ?
> >
> > In wmii-2.x you can run several bar instances, however in wmii-3
> > that is not possible. Choose simply a smaller font then.
>
> Oh. I think that's a problem, because some people would like
> to have more information on screen than what fits on one line,
> no matter how small the font is. For example on laptops: date,
> time, processor usage, temperature, battery state, network
> usage, etc.

Yes, but to keep things clean and tidy it is better to sort out
unnecessary information from important.

The displayed information might change during the status
runtime.

For instance:

Displaying network traffic info only if special peak values are
reached or if there is network traffic at all.

Or displaying that a mail has been received if that is the case.

Etc.

Regards,