Re: [wmii] multitags

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:56:26 -0400

For what it's worth... I use multitagging constantly (now that I know how
to use it). I have found it particularly useful in situations with "low
screen real estate". For example, I'll have a IDE open with code tagged as
"code" (for lack of anything creative). I'll have terminal open while ssh'd
into an external machine (where the code is being deployed) tagged with that
foreign machine's hostname so that I can run commands, etc. And I have a
second terminal open, ssh'd to the foreign machine and "tail -f"-ing the
appropriate logfile. This second terminal is tagged with both "code" and
"`hostname`" - so that I can watch the logs while deploying or running
commands on the other machine without ever having to switch views. The tiny
little monitor that they provided at the office really doesn't allow me to
have all three windows open and useable.

It's also nice for situations with, say, an IRC client open in multiple
views... one view "dedicated" a web browser, another view for mail and a
third view for whatever else. But the IRC client or Instant Message client
(in my case - centericq - since the internal RSS support is sweet) is always
visible so you can monitor.

Bill