Re: [wmii] snap: 20060411 -- /view/tag gone?

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:21:32 +0200

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:29:04PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:14:56PM +0200, Stefan Tibus wrote:
> > where and why is /view/tag gone? I was using it to get the tag
> > of the current view in order to have it as first entry in my
> > select tags menu...
>
> Because you can catch it in wmiirc when calling view <tag>
...by creating another variable containing the same information
which is already available inside wmiiwm. And I even have to
reinvent the same thing in some scripting language (sh) instead
of using the existent and faster C code. You wouldn't want to
write the hole window manager in sh if you could, would you?

And finally, I may always call "echo view bla | wmiir write /ctl"
on the shell, which I cannot catch from within wmiirc!

What's the use of hiding those variables? (Maybe there are even
more useful ones than just the current tag.) Another few lines of
code saved? Which on the other side I have to add to my wmiirc...

Regards,
Stefan