Re: [wmii] Dynamicness, Window Sizes (again, sorry) and Xinerama.

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:13:25 +0200

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:54:35AM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> > What I notice in your mail is a feature request which can be
> > summarized as:
> >
> > "Provide some way to define the default column widths which are
> > used at creation time", ie '70:30'
>
> I guess this would be nice, but it shouldn't interfere with the
> scaling mechanism; The only way to do that I think is by allowing only
> the setting of a default width of newly created columns (which should
> be enough anyway I think).

That would be even simplier. The current default is screen.width
/ number_of_columns. If we assume a setting /def/colwidth we
could define 0 for the default, and any other value for new
columns. That might be possible already for wmii-3.

For Xinerama support which might arise in wmii-4, we'd need in
a possibility to restrict areas to a specific xinerama area.
But that will need several iterations of polishing.