Re: [wmii] Automatic destruction of views

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:37:50 +0200

I think that we can drop auto-destroying views and doing the
destroy when the 'view' command is invoked instead. I noticed,
that I often view a different tag after a view has been
auto-destroyed, thus I safe an additional interaction only
randomly (sometimes I really end in the view I wanted to end
after auto-destroy). Removing auto-destroy has the advantage
that we get more predictability, but in the general case I guess
that we don't need more interactions. On the other hand having
empty views might be misleading, because users could use views
like workspaces, which is not intented by the tagging mechanism.

I'll think about it until I fixed the scaling issues this
afternoon.