[wmii] Re: issues

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:37:48 +0200

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:46:32PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> - sloppy focus doesn't interact well with stacking; in general, we now
> have to watch very carefully where we move the mouse (when I've got
> five clients in a stack, I find that selecting the middle one requires
> way too much precision (well actually, the precision required to move
> the pointer to the right bar is the same as before, but when I move
> the pointer a couple of pixels too far in the direction of where the
> rest of the bars are, the next client will get focus, and I have to
> move the mouse all the way to the other end of the screen to try
> again, hoping that I'm not going to move the mouse a couple of pix too
> far again...).
> I think click to focus with clickthrough is a better choice for -3...

Ok, the way I favorize after the feedback we got so far is, that
I'm going to make focus-follows-mouse client-window related and
not frame-window related. This avoids the effects with stacking
mode and it also allows to add a raise flag to focus() which
allows to only raise a window on click ($MODKEY-Button1 or
titlebar click) and never raising on sloppy-focus. No big deal.

> - while the aforementioned suggestion is about design (and taste
> probably), there is also a sloppy focus + stack malinteraction that I

[...] yes, related to frame enters...

> - the '*'-tag size & position problem; I already mentioned that (and a
> way to reproduce it) in another mail, I'm just relisting it here so
> that it's all together in one mail. It's probably simple, but I
> haven't found it yet, hope you will.

Ok thx.

> - documentation. I don't know if anyone is still working on this, but
> the manpages are a bit out of sync (wmii.1 still mentions the [-t tag]
> option for instance, and wmiiwm.1 still mentions wmiifs and wmiikeys).

Yes, I ask @wmii.de if someone is still working on them? If not,
I could reserve tonight some time to polish the man pages.

Regards,