Re: [wmii] snap: 20060425 - xpdf

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:13:22 +0200

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:11:00AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:02:39AM +0200, Stefan Tibus wrote:
> > I have two annoyances to report:
> > 1) xpdf has problems with the size it get's assigned:
> > On startup (in a stacked column) I have a big frame, but only a very
> > small area actually use by the client. Moving the focus away and back
> > resizes it, but the actual redrawing area (when moving within the
> > pdf) stays small.

> Please recheck with hg tip.
Hmm...I'm not using hg at all...

> (It might be that xpdf has problems, because it might send
> configure requests, but wmii ignores any configure request of
> managed clients).
Well...is the client informed somehow that its requests are ignored?
And the problem also affects floating mode sometimes:
a) 1) start xpdf in stacked column
   2) xpdf uses only a part of the client area for drawing and controls
   3) move focus away and back to redraw xpdf
   4) xpdf uses only a part of the client area for drawing, but full
      area for the controls
   5) toggle xpdf to float
   6) xpdf still uses only a part of the darwing area
   7) resize xpdf
   8) problem persists
b) 1) start xpdf in stacked column
   2) xpdf uses only a part of the client area for drawing and controls
   3) immediately toggle xpdf to float
   4) xpdf correctly uses the full client area
   5) resizing works correctly
c) 1) create a rule to make xpdf floating
   2) start xpdf
   3) xpdf uses only a part of the drawing area, controls use full area
   (problem as in a)

Since making it floating using a rule doesn't help I'd think it's not
a problem of ignored configure requests... The question is, however,
why does it work (almost) correctly in b?

Regards,
Stefan