Re: [wmii] snap: 20060425

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:05:16 +0200

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:20:54AM +0200, Tube wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:00:31PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >
> > In contrast to yesterdays snap this one contains a very
> > important and long-awaited feature: the revival of
> > focus-follows-mouse, which seems to work pretty well for me (and
>
> what is the reason? a few weeks ago you told us that because of a
> lousy X-implementation you dropped the mouse-over-focus, and now you
> bring that back again. i must admit that i always loved mouse-over-focus
> but i got used to click-to-focus and made the experience that this is
> the more reasonable way of handling
>
> so, i would also like steffen have the option to switch back to
> (semi-)old behaviuor

An option is not necessary, because you cannot compare the new
behavior with that one found in 2.5.x, which was quite broken.

Also, I never was convinced that focus-follows-mouse is a bad
idea from UI-point of view, but X has a broken Crossing event
specification and reports Crossing events also on windows which
are not on the top...

As I mentioned I found quite a nice way how to get rid of the
nasty side-effects.

Regards,