Re: [wmii] Unnecessary(?) redraw on tagging change

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:43:53 +0200

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:56:44PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:24:01PM +0200, Stefan Tibus wrote:
> > Well...I think the question is, why the addition of a tag to a window,
> > which would (in the current view) just involve redrawing the title
> > bar, issues a redraw of the client at all? This may not be a bug,
> > but may be avoided as well... (Maybe a todo for the next release.)
>
> As I told, wmii has no influence to the client, if the client
> decides to redraw itself, wmii can't be the reason if it wether
> changes the clients size or if it draws the frame (parent
> window).

Hmmm...but something tells that client "this area has been modified
and should be redrawn" (or am I wrong in that assumption?). So the
point is, that the area to be redrawn is not full client frame but
just the title bar, so the enclosed client does not overlap with
the redrawn area and does not need to redraw at all. I think the "bug"
here consists in the claim of the area to be redrawn - it's not the
full parent window of the client, but just an area which does not
overlap with the client. (Or is this partial redraw impossible in X ?)

Regards,
Stefan