Re: [wmii] New Website?

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:49:34 -0400

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:29:34PM -0400, David Arroyo wrote:
>The wiki was custom-made by garbeam: http://wmii.de/index.php?page=taggi . I
>think now would be a good time for someone with the skill to step forward
>and
>provide a more elegant implementation of the current behaviour, as garbeam
>himself admitted he is no php programmer. Right now my biggest gripe, beyond
>a few cosmetics, is the URI. I find the ?key=value queries hideous. I'd much
>rather have wmii.de/tag/basics/ and wmii.de/page/about/edit, but that's
>probably just me and of small importance.

I've already volunteered to do a rewrite in Ruby (not Rails) but I have clear
some details with garbeam first. I agree about the ?key=value queries. I'm
more concerned about the wiki syntax, though. The lack of wiki escaping and in
some cases lack of ability for more complex formating (the color schemes page)
are more important to me. Proper revision history would be nice too and I
don't think I'll be able to resist writing a wikifs frontend :) I think that
garbeam wants it to be a small/simple wiki, though, and I tend to agree, so
I'm not taking any leaps.

I think the syntax merits discussion.