[wmii] Re: columns

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:22:25 -0700

What wmii needs is to be finished, that it is about god damned time. Wmii-3
should have been the last major wmii release, but garbeam's extreme CADT[1]
means that as much polishing is left to do in wmii-3 as it was in wmii-2.5

What is needed is to stop fiddling around with crap like shortcuts (I think
shortcuts have been changed at least once a week since the project was
started), and get all the important stuff like tag bars finished.

And "computer science" might be anything, but it is not a science[2]. It is
everything about a good sense of taste; and the problem garbeam has is not only
that he has no taste, but that he has to change his mind every day; that makes
it impossible for wmii to archive the most important thing for any software
project: conceptual integrity[3].

uriel

[1] http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html
[2] See
http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/videos/Lecture-1a.avi
[3] See The Mythical Man Month, which every programmer should read before they
even think about writing a line of code.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201835959/