Re: [wmii] wm 3 stable feature request

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:39:21 +0200

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 03:29:49PM +0300, kkapelon_AT_freemail.gr wrote:
> 1) Have the mouse wheel when used on the bar
> to change the view to previous/next. Currently
> I am not aware of any use of the mouse wheel in wm3
> so it is simply wasted.

That is possible to achieve, see 3).

> 2)Have modx+middle click to close a window. Since modx+left
> click moves a window and modx+right click resizes a window
> I cannot see why this was left out.

Modn+Button2 is used for swapping. But you can bind kill to
Button2 without Modn if you need this.

> 3)I really liked the option of creating clickable
> buttons on the bar. Now I created a new label
> and only "color" and "data" entries can be found in the wm
> filesystem. Am I missing something?

Yes you miss the events reported in /event. See wmiiwm(1) and
look for ClientClick, and BarClick respectively.

Check it out live using wmiir read /event from a terminal you
started with Mod1+Return.

Regards,