Re: [wmii] columns

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 14:14:09 -0400

On May 29, 2006, at 3:16 AM, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> Yes I know that wrapping on boundary when changing focus
> horizontally has its pros and cons, we decided against it, to
> make it more consistet with moving.

How so? If you don't want to wrap, don't go around the edge, that's
all. People who don't like wrapping can use it the same way they do
now and not notice the difference (unless they enjoy entering invalid
key commands). As for me, I personally have trouble going back and
forth from h/l not wrapping to j/k wrapping. I'm not convinced that
this artificial restriction encourages better usage patterns,
especially for those of us who max out at two columns. :-)

- John