[wmii] wmii-4 title/frame coloring

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:15:53 +0200

Hello Anselm,

looking through the hg repository I noticed you already removed
swapping from wmii-4 and tried but later on removed my patch for
the third state-color.

Well, there's not much against it, but on one side the third color
is removed as "unnecessary" and on the other side the code to
highlight the index box on the right of the title is put back in
again... Firstly I believe coloring the whole client in a different
way is more obvious and secondly it looks even more aesthetic than
that box in the title bar. And as a third point, if that box should
be kept at least it's drawing schould be improved. Those three
ifs in draw_client switching the color back and forth are somewhat
ugly and ineffecient.

What makes the third color bloating up the code is the fact that
several lines of code have to be repeated with just some variable
names changed. I think that the way to handle the configuration
options within the code may be improved to reduce the overall
number of lines of code while allowing for an easier introduction
of additional options. (Reconfiguration of colors/whatever does
not occur that often that it needs to be optimized for speed only.)
...tell me if I'm wrong here.

Regards,
Stefan