Re: [wmii] wmii-4 title/frame coloring

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:12:30 +0200

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:08:15PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> In my eyes it is much harder to define a
> sane color scheme with 3 kinds of color sets than with 2.
Yes it is, true.

> Also,
> the third color set only highlighted selected clients of unfocused
> areas, and that was too less justification for them in my eyes.
Well, we have the problem to somehow identify these and it was
just an attempt to do so.

> I tried various color schemes, and most of the time I got the
> feeling that 3 colors make it harder to decide which client is
> focused, than a small box which indicates the focused client in
> an adjacent column - one gets used to this small box after a
> while.
Yes, it probably works only when not using too many colors, but
something like a well-visible focus-color, a grey for unselected
frames, and then something less intensive but colored in between.
It's not an ideal solution for the problem, but that highlighted
box on some frames did not look very appealing to me and is not
much better either.

> To the code quality I have to admit (also after a small flame in
> the morning about glitches in the code), that I hadn't the time
> yet to revise all portions. I don't want to do this now, but
> after wmii-4, when a state is reached which contains feature
> completeness of all things which have been planned for wmii.
Ok, you can't work on everything at the same time... Just sometimes
I felt there are options/variables in the code that could be useful
to be accessed from outside, but they aren't accessible and one
often-used argument to leave out things is code-size.

But thanks so far for the work, I'm very fine right now with wmii-3.0
and will await wmii-4's improvements...

Regards,
Stefan