[wmii] dtach v. screen

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:13:35 -0400

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:51 -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:

> Might I suggest, though, that you use dtach (http://dtach.sf.net/) instead of
> bloaty screen. It doesn't have any features except for detatching from
> terminals and even lets you attach to a process more than once. (Thanks to
> sjmorgan for posting this to #wmii)

I really only use screen for detaching. I would prefer to use dtach, but
when I reconnect, for example, to a shell that is running a compilation,
I can't see what the previous output was. I've tried all three redraw
methods, but whenever I reattach to a running shell, the cursor always
starts at the top and doesn't show the previous output. This doesn't
work for me when I'm compiling because I don't get the output to tell me
what happened! Anyone know how to make dtach redraw work the same way it
does when I reattach using screen?

Thanks -RPM