Re: [wmii] Tagging conventions examples

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:51:12 -0400

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 12:43:38AM +0000, Jonas Grote wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Since I have an "Office Internet Keybord" with some extra keys I created
>some scripts that are executed if I press a button. For example my mail
>button checks if there is no view called 'mail'. Then it looks if there
>is a screen called 'mutt1' that can be detached, if so, it runs an urxvt
>executing screen -r mutt1, else it executes an urxvt with "screen -S
>mutt1 mutt -y".
>Then this urxvt is tagged with 'mail'.
>In any case this script changes to the view mail.
I too have a keyboard with such butons, but, alas, it's USB and my kernel
doesn't pick up those button presses.

Might I suggest, though, that you use dtach (http://dtach.sf.net/) instead of
bloaty screen. It doesn't have any features except for detatching from
terminals and even lets you attach to a process more than once. (Thanks to
sjmorgan for posting this to #wmii)

--
Kris Maglione