Re: [wmii] Column size mismatch?

From: Christian Heinz <christian_heinz_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:12:21 +0200

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:29:38PM +0200, Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
> On 6/5/06, Christian Heinz <christian_heinz_AT_gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't it be possible to just take the difference between the overall
> >height of all the windows in a column (plus the status bar height) and
> >the vertical screen resolution and fill up that space with
> >black/white/whatever colored pixels? I think Ion handles it that way.
>
> I would consider that a bad hack. Thank god wmii avoided such bad code.
>
> --
> greetings,
> Steffen Liebergeld

Well, I don't know if Ion uses that exact method, I just can't think of
another way to deal with those pixels since xterm can only be resized in
(character width/height-)steps, as mentioned. (which depends on the the
font one has chosen.)
Anyway, the wmii workspace looks a bit 'unclean' in it's current state,
since there will allways be some background pixels visible between the
windows. The (x)terms size should really depend on the window size,
not the other way round.