Re: [wmii] Column size mismatch?

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 01:38:08 -0400

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:12:21AM +0200, Christian Heinz wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:29:38PM +0200, Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
>> On 6/5/06, Christian Heinz <christian_heinz_AT_gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Wouldn't it be possible to just take the difference between the overall
>> >height of all the windows in a column (plus the status bar height) and
>> >the vertical screen resolution and fill up that space with
>> >black/white/whatever colored pixels? I think Ion handles it that way.
>>
>> I would consider that a bad hack. Thank god wmii avoided such bad code.
>>
>> --
>> greetings,
>> Steffen Liebergeld
>
>Well, I don't know if Ion uses that exact method, I just can't think of
>another way to deal with those pixels since xterm can only be resized in
>(character width/height-)steps, as mentioned. (which depends on the the
>font one has chosen.)
>Anyway, the wmii workspace looks a bit 'unclean' in it's current state,
>since there will allways be some background pixels visible between the
>windows. The (x)terms size should really depend on the window size,
>not the other way round.

I agree with this. In managed mode, the extra space whould be filled with the
window's border in all cases where increment handling prevents it from filling
the alotted area. It's certainly not a bad hack. I'll look into a way of
cleanly applying it to the current code... shouldn't be too hard.

--
Kris Maglione
Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.