Re: [wmii] can't start firefox

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 02:17:46 -0400

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:06:25AM +0800, ze phyr wrote:
>My response is revelent, you just didn't get the point.
>The ultimate solution or 'fix' is to quit using it and wait for until
>wmii-faster to come out.
>
>A peek on sysload will give you an idea that this 'sleek' WM hogs so
>much system resources.

Not to feed a troll, but I've had good looks at the codebases of several WMs,
including wmii, Ion3, and fluxbox, and wmii is, by far, the leanest of all of
them. Nevertheless, if you want a fair comparison between wmii and other WMs
in terms of speed, add -O or -O2 to the CFLAGS in config.mk, as other WMs do.
If you want a fair comparison of binary size, strip wmiiwm, as other WMs do
(~75% of the size of the default binary is debugging information).

As a side note, this thread had nothing to do with speed.

--
Kris Maglione
An optimist believes we live in the best of all