[wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:54:24 +0200

Sounds like an improvement, a few things can be polished further:

- Fold sel /selcolors and /normcolors into a single /colors file
(separate the two values by a new line, a : or whatever) Any reason we
need this at all, an env var could probably work just fine, but IIRC
that idea was discarded for some reason.
- Get rid of dirs under [lr]bar, it is only needed because
LABEL/color, and that is a flimsy reason.
- Any reason <class:instance:name> is needed in /tag/*/[0-9] for anything?
- Not sure the geometry is needed for anything either, except maybe
having a pager app somewhere, but I would rather just add it later if
it makes sense.
- I still have to see a good reason why an index file per tag with the format:
<colnr or ~ for float> <clientid>\n
would not be enough, I guess adding the geometry for the client after
that should be OK too. But I guess this is not too different from what
you proposed.

Always think that it is easier to add stuff to the fs later if you
actually need it than it is to remove it, and if you add it when you
need it you will have a much better chance of providing a sane
interface than if you try to guess what might make sense in the
future.

uriel