Re: Bar going away? (was: Re: [wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion)

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:17:01 -0400

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 05:39:43PM -0500, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 03:12:06PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
>> I don't like that, but maybe the bar is not worth fiddling with as it
>> is going away soon enough.
>
>The bar is going away? This does not sound nice... will there be
>something useful in its place? I just poked around on the Wiki's devel
>pages, and didn't see anything about the bar leaving in the roadmap...
The bar is planned to be replaced with a tagbar. The bar will still be there,
just in a different form. See acme's tagbars for an example. It would also be
wise to read about plumbing if you really care that much about the internals.
For those of you who wind up hating it, I'm sure there will be a patch to give
the bar its current form in the future, so don't fret too much.

--
Kris Maglione
a.out: does not have gp tables for all it's sections