Re: Bar going away? (was: Re: [wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion)

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:10:35 +0200

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:55:16AM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:45:27AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:30:49AM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> >>The change that uriel is talking about is making the bar one text string
> >>that's split left/right at the first | with words prefixed with # being
> >>view names and ones prefixed with * also being selected. He also wants to
> >>be able to edit the time to change it. Don't try to argue with *me* over
> >>this, it's uriel's argument not mine.
> >
> >This proposal will make it necessary to write the complete bar
> >content on every update. I'm not sure I like it. But the idea of
> >creating labels separated by | doesn't looks to bad.
> Yes, I'm not at all happy with that aspect of the situation. Nor the
> inability to set indevidual bar colors (uriel just kicked me, for
> reference), but I do like the idea of being able to, for instance, just
> type in a new bar name and plumb it.

There is a difference in how Uriel would like to see the bar and
me. The bar I have in mind consists of a left bar which is
editable and takes the rest width of the uneditable right bar,
which can be used for status info and stuff like done atm.
Switching views is done through plumbing, the selected view
might be highlighted with *foo*.

> WAP is crap.

Web is crap.