Re: [wmii] wmiirc Locking Up

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <linux_AT_rkirkpat.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:18:57 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> Looks like some deadlock. I suspect froze is the output of all
> you captured? Because it prints only the beginning of a wait4
> syscall

That is correct, strace just hangs there, so it does appear to be a
deadlock.

> I'd like to receive your wmii stderr output of the frozen session via
> privmail, even if it is large (just compress it with gzip).

I afraid there isn't any stderr output from wmii. Since it is running as
my window manager (started by xdm), I am not sure where it is even being
directed to, but I suspect it to going to ~/.xsession-errors, which has a
few GDK complaints from firefox, but nothing else. If you think there
should be stderr output, I will look further for it. Thank you for your
help. TTYL.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |