Re: [wmii] wmiirc Locking Up

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:22:26 +0200

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:29:10AM -0600, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> But the good news is that I managed to catch one of the locks up in the
> act with strace. I have attached three files:
> 'okay' that shows the successful processing of 'Key Mod1-Left'
> event. The last event before the freeze.
> 'froze' that shows the frozen processing of 'Key Mod1-Left' event. The
> event that was never recovered from.
> 'wmiirc' is my current wmiirc script, pretty basic.

Looks like some deadlock. I suspect froze is the output of all
you captured? Because it prints only the beginning of a wait4
syscall ('okay' and 'froze' are semantically equal until the
last line of 'froze'). I'd like to receive your wmii stderr
output of the frozen session via privmail, even if it is large
(just compress it with gzip).

Regards,