wmii-3.1 bugs [was Re: [wmii] wmii-3.1 bugfix release]

From: redondos <redondos_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:15:53 -0300

On Sat, Jun 17 14:01, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm glad to announce the wmii-3.1 bugfix release. It contains
> following fixes:
>
> - wmiimenu rendering bugfix
> - cmd/Makefile clean target
> - fixed size apps are treated as floating
> - fixed bar item sorting
> - wmiimenu.proglist vulnerability fix (now using mktemp)
> - multihead fixes
> - prevent linking problems due the use of 'err' variable in fs.c
> - several off-by-one fixes in fs.c
> - correct UTF8 support if you install
> http://chronos.nsu.ru/fantoo/wiki/gtk1_utf8/XLC_LOCALE
> - removed snap-to-border in managed layer
> - empty bar is drawn now
> - segfault fix due to free'ing rects array
> - resurrected OLD_PATH to not screwing up PATH
> - several man page fixes
> - trimming '/' from tags
> - fixed mousebased creation of new columns
> - fixed /def/grabmod default in wmiirc to not interfere with
> MODKEY-prefix definitions
> - several mouse-move/mouse-resize fixes
> - removed cext_estrdup.c (never used)
> - bind socket fix in libixp
>
> You can download wmii-3.1 from:
>
> http://www.wmii.de/download/wmii-3.1.tar.gz

First of all, a small one in wmiirc:

Line 58:
xwrite /def/grabmod Mod1

Should be:
xwrite /def/grabmod $MODKEY

Now let's get to a bigger problem: wmii-3.1 doesn't work for me. Upon
startup, the bar is filled with the appropriate labels, but the
keybindings don't work at all. This happens even if I use the wmiirc file that
was shipped in the tarball.
For instance, I can edit wmiirc to load a couple of programs with
different tags, but I can't switch them, even with the mouse!
It is as if wmiirc had errors, but I can't find them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--
redondos