Re: [wmii] blocking on 'wmiir read /event'

From: Chris Foster <foster_AT_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:14:35 +1000

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:56:40PM +1000, Chris Foster wrote:
> > Is the server run by a different user?
>
> No, it's running under my user. I *can* get it working if I play with
> xhost (or, presumably xauth), but since these involve having access to
> the display already, I can't do this to the copy which is currently
> displaying the bug.

Actually, I've managed to get a copy of wmii running and displaying the
bug, while adding "xhost +localhost" to wmiirc. This fixes the access
problem. Now I find that the modmaps are definitely the same, since

$ diff <(xmodmap -pm -display :0) <(xmodmap -pm -display :2)

shows no differences. :0 is the correctly working instance, and :2 is
the newly broken instance.

Note: I acheieved the bug this time by randomly changing the wmiirc, and
just to show it really is totally random, the thing which set the bug
off in this case was changing the colours from the default to the acme
colours. This *really* shouldn't have any effect!

What a weird bug.

~Chris.