Re: [wmii] For those who (still) care about Debian

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:44:19 -0400

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:30:39PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
>> Do you seriously tried the column layout?
>
>I gave it a chance several times, so this is not a 'first seen and
>afraid'-reaction. :)
There will be several improvements to the column layout in wmii-4, including
the ability to have multiple clients visible in a column and the rest
collapsed. Currently, to deal with the lack of tabs, it's easy enough to
switch between stacked and max modes so you can see the list of window titles
when you need them. This has the advantage over tabs that the title always has
the full width of the column, rather than the ever decreasing space available
to tabs.

As a side note, I noticed that you're calling the dev snapshots wmii 3.99. Why
are you doing this? I'm being pedandic here, but it's really quite irritating.

--
Kris Maglione
If you were plowing a field what would you rather use, 2 strong oxen or 1024 chickens? -Seymour Cray