Re: [wmii] selection buffers (PRIMARY, CLIPBOARD)

From: Adrian Ratnapala <adrian.ratnapala_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:53:16 +1000

On 28/06/06, Wael Nasreddine <wael_AT_siemens-mobiles.org> wrote:

> I have a little problem with the copy/paste in wmii, mainly between
> urxvt and opera (firefox, thunderbird etc...), When i select something
> in urxvt i can't paste it in firefox, the only solution I found is to
> use autocutsel[1] in 2 ways (not like we do it in Gnome etc...), In
> gnome it can be done via:

I actually had a similar problem, except I use xterm. I eventually solved it
by replacing the computer and re-installing Gentoo.

I suspected it was firefox getting old and flaky. I suppose a less radical
solution would be to rename your .mozilla directory
(and any other firefoxy-config ones) and then completely purge firefox
from the system and re-install it. Then you can bring you old configs
back in a controlled way, and see which change breaks it, if you care.

(Hey, I only said it was easier than buying a new computer).